At PHHC, we strongly believe that breastfeeding is not supposed to be painful even one day. Breastfeeding is beautiful, enjoyable and rewarding. This is especially true when a mother is empowered and supported without judgement.
As a mom of two, our specialist went through a lot of nursing issues. She then set herself in a mission to ensure that every mother will have a successful breastfeeding experience.
Although breastfeeding is the biological norm, it doesn’t mean mothers will instinctively know how to deal with it. There are indeed many barriers such as painful nursing, low milk supply, poor milk transfer etc.
Our lactation consultant will solve your particular issues by addressing the root problems. She aims to help you achieve your own goals. Here are the 3 areas of expertise that she combines:
- Doctor in Food Science.
- Certified lactation consultant IBCLC.
- Positive discipline coach.
As a result, Dr. Mansour developed a holistic approach called the HEALTH system:
- Happy mother / Happy baby.
- Empowerment – through awareness and information.
- Action – Implementing individualized care.
- Listening to the mother’s needs without judgment.
- Treating the root of the problem.
- Healing the mother and the baby.
Course organization (2 parts)
1. Pre-natal support
We provide private or group prenatal workshop to help you being confident and ready for the big day.
Preparation is obviously a key for a positive birth and breast-feeding experiences.
The prenatal course will then cover everything a mother should know for a successful breastfeeding start like:
- Importance of the first feed.
- Optimal latch and positions.
- How to know if the baby is getting enough.
- Importance of massage and hand expressions.
- What to expect in terms of feeding /sleep patterns.
Having your baby is a giant step into the unknown. Everyone expects you to feel confident and happy. Nevertheless, they don’t tell you how to manage the new emotions you may be feeling. There are also normal doubts and fears that come with this new stage in your life.
Dr. Soulaf Mansour
2. Post-natal support
Breast milk comes naturally but finding the proper position and latch is sometimes tricky, especially in an over medicalized care society. Consequently, we help mothers experiencing breastfeeding problems, such as:
- latching difficulties.
- painful nursing.
- low milk production.
- oversupply and much more.
As a holistic approach, we take time to review the mother and baby health history in order to offer personalized support. We’re undoubtedly convinced that diet & lifestyle have a considerable impact on the breastfeeding journey.