Paula is a Physical Therapist for almost 10 years.
She completed her physiotherapy bachelor in Saxion Universities (Enschede), the Netherlands in 2010. Afterwards she specialized in pelvic physiotherapy.
She treats a wide variety of disorders affecting the pelvis and the pelvic floor, in both, men as well as women.
Her experience has taken place in the Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles and in the UAE. Her Specialties are:
- Back and pelvic pain (pre and post-natal)
- Diastasis recti (separation of abdominal muscles during pregnancy)
- Involuntary loss of urine or feces
- Difficulty urinating or defecating, frequency, Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapses
- Dyspareunia, vaginismus (pain during intercourse)
- Rehabilitation from surgeries in the pelvic are (pre and post-surgical)
Educating patients about their condition is also important to help meet their individual challenges and to build in them confidence, to achieve optimal performance and well- being.