Physiotherapist – Pelvic Rehab
Paula is a physiotherapist for almost 10 years.
Mrs. Riveros completed her physiotherapy bachelor in Saxion Universities (Enschede), Netherlands in 2010. Afterwards, she specialized in pelvic physiotherapy. Indeed, this specialty focuses on all disorders that affect the pelvic girdle region.
Mrs. Riveros treats a wide variety of disorders affecting the pelvis and the pelvic floor, in both men as well as women.
Her experience as a physiotherapist has taken place in the Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles and in the UAE. To demonstrate, here are some of the disorders that may motive a Pelvic Rehab consultation:
- Back and pelvic pain (pre and post-natal)
- Diastasis recti (separation of abdominal muscles during pregnancy)
- Involuntary loss of urine or feces
- Difficulty urinating or defecating, overactive Bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapses
- Dyspareunia, vaginismus (pain during intercourse)
- Rehabilitation from surgeries in the pelvic are (pre and post-surgical)
Educating patients about their condition is also important to help meet their individual challenges and to build in them confidence, to achieve optimal performance and well- being.
Nevertheless, pelvic floor disorders don’t affect only women (contrary to popular beliefs). There are obviously men who can benefit from Pelvic rehab, to improve their daily quality of life. Here is a list of conditions that could benefit from treatment:
- Prostate cancer (after removal).
- Erectile dysfunctions.
- Chronic constipation.
- Pudendal neuralgia.
We are aware that this region of the body (due to intimacy)can delay the choice to consult. It is absolutely crucial to consult as soon as symptoms occur, to guarantee the best prognosis to our patients.